Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Anniversary Card for a Friend


I created this card for a friend of my in-laws, they have been friends for a long time and my husband really cares for them. Once I met my husband they were super nice to me and took me in as if they had met me their entire lives, they are the most amazing people in the world and they are so great to our children. Even my oldest daughter who, technically has no relation with them or my husband. For this layout I used my cricut expression and the Mini Monograms cartridge to cut the squares and the scalloped squares behind them, I matted the saying with with and with blue cardstock and I pop dotted the center, for a more elegant look I decided to add some pearl swirls I had in my stash…literally I have no idea where or when I got them but I'm sure my husband was happy I got to use them regardless. Im happy because I can have an excuse to buy more, not that I really need an excuse…hehehe
The card was a 5x7 pre-made card that I bought at Michaels and the layers are cut ¼ inch smaller to give a nice dimension, I love how the blue cardstock has some shimmer to it. It's a Bazzil paper and is just beautiful. The picture is horrible and you can't really see the details of this card, but I have to say I really like it and I think by far is one of my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment